Tuesday 3 March 2015

Give me strength!

This week was the first week of strength training. Speed is out, strength is in.

This involved six repeats of 1 mile at slightly faster than marathon pace. To be honest it's not much different from the tempo run on Thursday except that is a sustained effort at marathon pace. They both feel about the same amount of effort.

I'm definitely feeling stronger. Tomorrow is a rest day but I want to go out running. I know I can't because rest is as important as running. My first 16 miler of the training plan is coming up this weekend and I can't wait. I have three such sessions in the plan and have identified three different routes to run. I'm not sure which one to run first yet, I think I may run down the canal to Paddington although it may be dependent on the weather.

It's starting to feel normal to run 10 miles. At the moment any run less than that feels like a nice easy run! I suppose that is what the plan is meant to do; make longer runs feel like the norm so that a marathon doesn't feel like much more of an effort even though I'll have run a maximum of 16 miles.

My weight has dropped this week, which is good. Also, my waist has dropped to 90cm which is very good. Another cm or two would be ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment