Tuesday 17 March 2015

Final third

Six weeks left of my eighteen week training plan.

Some days I get up and don't feel like running, but as soon as I get outside my legs know exactly what to do. The body is willing even if the mind is weak.

On Sunday I ran my first out and back run. 5 miles up the Uxbridge Road toward Hayes, turn around and then 5 miles back. I liked it. Not sure I'd do it too many times but at least I know it's another type of run I can add to my repertoire.

I also ran it in a new pair of running shoes. These are the pair that I intend to run the marathon in as they are solid and offer stability but are 40% lighter than my other pairs of running shoes. I liked how they felt, lots of bounce and good feedback. I took a picture before I headed out, they are called Hoka One One Clifton. Not a make I'd heard of before but Runner's World recently rated them as the best debut shoe on the market so I reckoned that if they're good enough for them then they're good enough for me.


This weekend I'm running the second of my three 16 milers. I think I'll head off down the Uxbridge Road to Hyde Park and then go down to South Kensington, past the museums and back to Ealing via Chiswick.

My weight has hit the magical 78kg figure I wanted to reach. Although I think that it's probably not a fair reflection as I measured myself too soon after running on Saturday so I think that my weight next weekend will be a bit higher.



Tomorrow is a rest day. I always find it tough to rest, my legs twitch while I lie in bed. They are desperate to get out there but I know that resting is as important as running. Once I finish the marathon the Hanson method proscribes two weeks off running completely. I have no idea how I am going to cope with that since the only time I've not run that long is if I've been injured. Still, that's a problem for a different day and before then I've got to run an actual marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment