Monday 30 March 2015

Drinking it in (a bit too much)

My wife and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary on Saturday. I decided to break my no drinking during training rule. We had a great night, fancy food, fancy wine, followed by more wine when we got home. This led to the mother of all hangovers the next morning. I had forgotten how bad hangovers can feel! I had to shelve my planned 10 mile run and spent most of the day recovering on the sofa.

I struggled out of bed this morning and managed a very laboured 8 mile run. I'll run the 10 miles that I missed yesterday on Wednesday instead of my rest day.

This Sunday I will be running my last 16 mile run before tapering starts. The Hanson method does reduce the amount of running in the taper but it doesn't seem to reduce by as much as other training plans. But I've put my trust in their plan so far, it would seem odd to question it now.

For my last 16 mile run I'm going to run a lap of Richmond Park. I love Richmond Park but it's always just a bit too far away to be included in my regular runs so it always feel special when I get to run there. It's also nice to run amongst the deer and parakeets, as well as the mamils (Google it).

My weight has dropped again. I'm now down to 77kg, and on course to get to 76kg by the time of the marathon. My weight loss compared to my marathon best time is roughly 5kg. This equates to about a 9 minute improvement, which considering I ran a 3:37 means I would be under 3:30 comfortably. The signs are good at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment