Friday 11 September 2015

Mr. Tumble

The perils of city running. A loose paving slab, a slight lack of attention and I find myself hurtling towards the ground. Called off the rest of my run (it was only a 4 miler) and walked home. As I walked up my road a neighbour stopped me to borrow my phone. Her new puppy had locked her out of her house (she stepped outside, he butted the door, it closed, she had no key!) and she wanted to phone her dog walker who had a spare key. So that's two of us who had a bad start to the day. Still, nice to help a neighbour out.

Here's a couple of shots I took of my damaged limbs. I'm hoping I'll be ok to run my 20 miler tomorrow. It hurt for a while but now I think most of it is superficial and won't affect my running.

So, lesson learnt: pay more attention!

Nasty scrape

Blood and tears
UPDATE: The pain was worse the next day and I couldn't run without pain so called off my long run. Next run planned is Tuesday. Hoping nothing else happens before the marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment