Thursday 10 September 2015

In the long run

I was meant to run in a 10k race last weekend with a friend who was going to be running the Ealing half with me in two weeks' time. But he cried off with an injury and I decided I didn't fancy a trek all the way across London to run in a 10k. I will however still be running the Ealing half since it's local, a really great race and cost a lot more.

Talking of which my race pack turned up in the post this week.


This Saturday I'll be running my longest run of 20 miles before three weeks of taper. I've run so many routes it's hard to find a new one. But I think I will run all the way down Uxbridge Road, down Oxford Street to Tottenham Court Road. Then turn down Charing Cross Road, head towards the Houses of Parliament and then find a route back home. That should cover 20 miles and add a few touches of a new route.

I'm bringing forward my schedule by one day for the next two weeks because I will be out on the next couple of Saturday nights (the proms this Saturday and a joint birthday celebration for my wife and me the following Saturday) and don't want the spectre of a long run on the Sunday looming over the enjoyment of the Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment