Thursday 23 January 2014

Feeling fine

I've been following the return to running schedule and so far no problems. This morning the intervals rose to 2 minutes walking 10 minutes running repeated 2 more times. My tendon and my calf are holding up well, no sign of any pain or even aching. The temptation would be to accelerate the schedule but at the moment I am happy to keep with the plan. Maybe once I'm running without intervals and there's still no pain then I'll judge if it's safe to increase the frequency of runs but that's a week or two away yet.

I'm wearing long socks that help the circulation around the calf area. I was also wearing a tubular calf grip but have now dispensed this. It can be too easy to fall back on something like that as a psychological crutch.

It's four weeks until training starts for the Chester half marathon and it can't come soon enough; a) because I love a training plan and b) because if I am able to start training it means that my injury is no more. Double reason to celebrate.

By this time next week I will have run my last run/walk interval session. Let's hope that for this year at least it really will be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment