Tuesday 27 January 2015

Faster, further, stronger

I only have one 12 mile run during this schedule and I had planned on running the Ealing Half Marathon course but instead ran one of my favourite routes down the Thames Path to Richmond and back via Syon House and the canal to Ealing. Pretty much 12 miles although my watch ran out of battery with 3 miles to go so I had to guess the distance for the last bit. Turns out I was half a mile over which I suppose is better than half a mile under.

This week my speed session was 4x1200m which although not easy is starting to become easier as I get fitter and lighter. I finished the session in under 50 minutes which was a pleasant surprise. Next week though is a pyramid session with an extra mile in the middle (400m, 800m, 1200m, 1600m and then stepping back down to 400m). At least the mile is run at a slightly slower pace but it should be a big test of my fitness.

My tempo run this week is going to be a mile longer. They increase by a mile every three weeks so that by the time of the marathon I'm running 10 miles at tempo pace. This week though is 7 miles. I don't mind the tempo runs, the tempo pace is effectively marathon pace so it's a good indicator of how I should feel on the day.

My longest run this week is on Saturday, 10 miles, with only 8 miles on Sunday. I might run the canal route again that I did two weeks ago but slightly extend the first run. It's getting lighter all the time in the morning so there's no problem anymore in running along the path, just so long as it isn't raining or freezing. Puddles can be a right pain, and frozen puddles even more so!

My weight keeps coming down at the moment. I'm sure it'll plateau eventually but it's looking good and I'm almost in the ideal BMI zone. This time next week I should be so long as I keep away from the drinks cabinet.

Saturday 24/01/2015
Weight - 82.5kg - BMI 25.1
Waist/Hip - 94/100 - 94%

No comments:

Post a Comment