Tuesday 18 March 2014

Wait, what about weight

Just after Xmas my weight had ballooned up to 86kgs. This was due to two reasons, the usual festive overindulgence and the fact that I was recovering from injury so could not run as much as I wanted to.

Anyway, now I've been running longer distances and putting in more miles per week for the last two months my weight is now down to just under 83kgs. I'm hoping that by the end of the training schedule I will be down to 80kgs or preferably less. This will put me in a great position for marathon training, which should start at the beginning of June.

At the moment I'm in two minds whether to actually enter a half-marathon at the end of this training schedule. I had timed it so I could run in the Chester half-marathon but now I'm not so sure. It's a long way to go just to run a race. My wife owns a house in Chester but this is now being rented out so we would have to arrange to stay with one of her family. I'm still going to follow the schedule but may look for another race closer to home. Otherwise I will treat this as pre-marathon training. To be honest I always prefer the training to the racing. I'm a killer for a training plan!

My running is going well at the moment. The interval and tempo runs are difficult but feeling more manageable as my fitness gets better and better. My right ankle grumbles now and then but it's not constant and only occurs at the end of a long run. Still, it's worth keeping an eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment