Saturday 4 June 2011

T minus 2 weeks

It's two weeks to go until I start my marathon training. Between now and then I will have increased my running to 8 miles. This will be just before I go on a weekend break to Budapest, where I will not be running. Drinking, yes. Running, no.

My marathon training schedule manages to collide with my summer holiday at the start of August when I am going with my girlfriend to the US on a fly-drive holiday. I don't reckon I'll be able to fit in all my training sessions but I am planning to do at least three per week. I definitely want to run up and down the Strip in Las Vegas and I plan to run across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. How I fit in the others will remain to be seen, depending on a) how tired I am from driving and b) how much I can run while keeping my girlfriend sweet. We'll see!

This week I've managed to run 22 miles, including two sessions of 5 miles each. This morning I got up early and went for a 5 mile run that took in a canal and a couple of parks. I find these types of run more interesting than general street running as they take you off the beaten track and I get to see parts of my local area that I just would not see if it weren't for running. This morning I saw a couple of swans, a heron and a rabbit. You don't get to see those on the Uxbridge Road!

Here's the map of my run this morning:

No comments:

Post a Comment