Saturday 28 May 2011

The Running Man

17 miles this week! 5 days of running including two sessions of 4 miles. The only pain I've been feeling is the usual muscle aching that occurs from using muscles that I haven't used properly in the last six months. Next week I'm going to extend the long run sessions to 5 miles. This means I'm going to be able to travel further afield from my house than the usual running around in a circle.

I've been reading about what my optimal running weight and body fat is. Exciting stuff eh! Apparently my current body fat of 15.5% puts me in the 80th percentile for my age. If I reduce this to 12% it will put me close to the 90th percentile and would pretty much be my optimal body fat without giving up work and becoming a full time runner. My estimated weight for this body fat would be 78.3kg (12 stone 6 pounds in old money) which will become my goal in time for the Chester marathon in October. At the moment I'm 81.6kg so it shouldn't be too difficult providing I don't get injured!

Here's my weigh-in from 24th May:


Here's my run from Saturday morning, a nice little run to Ealing Common and back:

No comments:

Post a Comment