Monday 13 April 2015

Messing about on the river

Since it was the boat race on the weekend I decided to run my Sunday long run down the Thames path from Kew Bridge to Chiswick Bridge and back to Ealing. I couldn't go much further since my long runs have now been reduced due to the "taper".

Anyhow, I remembered to take my iPhone with me so I could take a couple of photos along the way. Some times it's easy to forget that I am actually in London since there is so much greenery and waterways around where I live. And in the morning it can look especially beautiful.

View west from Kew Bridge
I notice that there are more runners out at the moment. Some I imagine are preparing for the London Marathon that is on the same day as the Stratford marathon that I am running. It would be nice to eventually run my home town marathon but I'll just have to try again once the ballots open up as it's extremely unlikely that I'd get a good for age entrance.

Thames Path towards Chiswick Bridge
I made my way east down the Thames path towards Chiswick Bridge and ran back past Chiswick House. I had intended to run through the grounds but it was so early that the gates were locked so I just ran through Chiswick up the North Circular (a hellish road that makes me glad I cycle to work) and back to Ealing via Walpole park.

Walpole Park in Ealing, Pitzhanger Manor in the background where I got married!
The Easter holidays managed to contribute negatively to my weight but not overly so. I'm still under my planned racing weight and if I can keep off the remaining chocolates and snacks that we bought for the weekend then I should be fine for the marathon.


Tomorrow is my last strength session and then on Thursday it will be my last tempo session. After that I will be on a ten day taper that will take me up to the marathon hopefully at the peak of readiness. I'm just crossing my fingers that the weather won't be too warm since it's really quite sunny at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment