Tuesday 9 June 2015

Springwatch along the canal

Canals are great for running. Flat, aesthetically pleasing and you get to see all sorts of birds. Even sometimes a rabbit or two!

Sunday morning was a beautiful, bright day. It wasn't too hot and the wind was cooling. I hadn't a plan of where to go so I let my legs decide. They took me to the canal. Four miles down the Grand Union from Hanwell to Brentford. There's not many better runs than those where you have no idea where you want to go and let the wanderlust take over.

Lock-keeper's cottage on the Grand Union
Down the canal I stopped to take a photo of a family of coots. They were taking a breather on a log.

Coots
As the canal path ended at Brentford I ran the remaining three miles back home along the roads. The rest of this week is a small taper until the half marathon on Sunday. Tomorrow I'll run an interval session just to get some speed through the legs. I'm still determined to run it for fun rather than time. I might even take my iPhone to get some snaps as I go around.


No comments:

Post a Comment