Tuesday 12 May 2015

On The Road Again!

Well that was a long two weeks. Not running when not injured is something akin to torture, but the plan said it so I did it. I was just following orders!

Anyway, I've now put in two thirty minute easy runs to get myself back into the swing of things. My first run was tougher than I thought. I haven't lost much fitness, I don't suppose you can in two weeks, but my muscles were still slightly sore even after 14 days of rest.

Today's run was better. My legs swung back into action and I didn't feel in any pain. The most fun part is finding routes short enough for a 30 minute run. That's a touch over 3 miles at my easy pace.

Tomorrow is a rest day (ha!). Then it's 40 minutes, 50 minutes, 50 minutes and a 60 minute run on Sunday. Next week will be 6 runs of varying length between 45 minutes and 60 minutes each. On the Monday (25th May) I will running in the BUPA London 10k so I'm hoping that I'll be back up to a decent speed to go sub 45 minutes, but that all depends on how he next 10 days or so feel.

A short update then. I'll write up more next week as my recovery continues and I look forward to the 10k and following that a half marathon in June. I'll put up some photos as well if I can remember to take my iPhone with me. The weather is really turning nice now so I may take a few excursions down the canal. See if I can catch a photo of a heron or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment